Top organizations and Companies use Outlook as a medium of communication. MS Outlook is secure, reliable and offers a large number of facilities. MS Outlook is the favourite e-mail client to many users. While Outlook has the option to send response to meeting invitation, many users prefer not to send any response and want to disable ‘Do not Send a Response’ option. Here is a simple technique that let you remove this option.
When a meeting or invitation is sent, users have the option to Accept, decline, propose a new time or select tentative option. After the Outlook 2016 update in July 2018, Microsoft added a new option ‘Do not send a response’. Here are the techniques to disable ‘Do not send Response’ button.
The option to disable ‘do not send response’ can be done by editing the registry key
Add DWORD in Registry Editor
- Go to start and then search bar
- You can also press window key + R to open run dialog box
- Type the regedit.exe to open the registry editor
- Now open the registry editor location HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Outlook\Options\Calendar
- Add new DWORD ForceMtgResponse
- Set the value of DWORD to 1
- Now restart the Outlook and check the option is disabled or not
- While individuals can follow the above method, Administrators can add the key in Group Policy
Add Key in Group Policy
Administrators can follow the same method by disabling option via Group Policy.
Go to the location HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Outlook\Options\Calendar and enter DWORD ForceMtgResponse. Set the value to 1
Disable Do not Send Response in Outlook 2013
In Outlook 2013 the menu option could be disabled by adding CommandID
- Browse to directory HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\x.0\Outlook\DisabledCmdBarItemsList
- Add command ID 19987 to disable ‘Do not send a Response’ option
By following methods, you can customize the Accept menu in Outlook and disable the ‘Do not Send Response’ manually. Before making changes to registry editor and Outlook files back up the Outlook data. It is very much essential as if a mistake occurs then files can be restored from backup.
If you have forgotten to take backup and Outlook is creating problems, then use the Outlook repair tool to fix errors. The software is compatible with all Outlook versions and it can recover deleted files too.