Every business needs a website these days. It’s critical for the success of any company to spread brand awareness, educate potential customers, and attract new business. Without a website, a business is quickly perceived as “shady,” a “scam,” or even “fake!”
Don’t be labeled a sham. Invest in a quality website to show customers who you are, what you offer, and why your business is the best choice for their needs.
- Technology – It’s no secret that technology has rapidly advanced in the past decades. With such quick progress, your website can seem outdated almost as soon as it launches! Typically a website can survive for 2-4 years before software engineering hurtles past it at light speed. Your content management system (CMS), plugins (like apps for websites), and technical details such as page load speed can quickly fall by the wayside if not carefully monitored.
A slow page load or outdated plugin can make the difference between a user browsing your site … or bouncing out instantly.
- Website Design – Your business only gets one website, and users only click in for the first time once. What we’re trying to say is that you only get one first impression, so make it count! Graphic design is more than just a pretty page on a screen—it’s a thoughtful representation of your brand. A skilled graphic designer will listen to your business’s history, services, strengths, and challenges, then translate that information into a visual representation.
A user should be able to tell immediately what your business does within ten seconds of the page loading. Is your website working for you?
- Mobile Devices – How many times a day do you check your phone? If you’re anything like most smart-phone users, that little device is never too far from your hands. We depend on our phones for everything, starting with our morning alarms and ending with white noise to fall asleep! If your website doesn’t display well on every screen size, you’re likely losing 50% of your potential customers.
A mobile-friendly website (responsive) will look perfect on smartphones, tablets, laptops, and desktop computers. Test your website for responsiveness by pulling it up on a computer screen. Shrink your browser window to about the size of a cell phone screen. Did the text and images adjust to fit in the available space?
If not, you need a new website.
- Marketing Budget – If you, like most businesses, are jumping on the digital marketing bandwagon but not seeing the results you expected, your website may to blame. Stop revising your ad copy and images, stop fussing with your targeting, and leave your poor marketing specialist alone. If you’ve tried everything else and still aren’t seeing an influx of new business, maybe it’s time to consider a new web design agency in Norfolk .
Stop wasting your marketing budget driving traffic to a poor website experience, and invest instead in a nice new website. Your marketing team will thank you later!
- Growing Pains – With luck, your business has grown since the initial launch of your existing website. Has your site grown with you? If not, maybe it’s time it hit a growth spurt.
The products or services you offer, the areas you serve, and the personnel featured fluctuate over the years (sometimes even the months!) and may require updates. In fact, if you take a look at your site right now, we guarantee you’ll find something inaccurate, outdated, or just plain broken.
Technology should makes things easier—not harder! Put your website to work for your company, with a fresh look, modern functionality, and mobile-friendly presentation.