No matter how occasionally you smoke, tobacco and various other substances namely acetone, nicotine, carbon monoxide, tar, etc. can pave way for plenty complicated diseases such as lung cancer, bronchitis, erectile dysfunction, diabetes, asthma, narrowed blood vessels, vision loss, fragile teeth, etc. Are you planning on quitting this particular bad habit, and thus enhance your overall wellbeing? If yes, please join a smoking cessation programme as soon as possible. Here top-notch healthcare practitioners help a person learn different tactics, implementing which he or she will not touch a cigarette every again.
- Smoking is an addiction and your brain has been hooked to it, thus, getting rid would be quite challenging. Before going ‘cold turkey’, arrange for support. For instance, some individuals undertake counselling, in which financial, emotional, and social problems surrounding tobacco usage are addressed.
- Reputed Rozelle doctors emphasized on keeping mouth busy under all circumstances. You can chew something satisfying and crunchy like celery nuts, mint leaves, candies, sugarless gum, sunflower seeds, etc. for suppressing desire to light up a fag.
- Nicotine replacement therapy is an exceptionally popular option, which many modern-day individuals are undertaking. Starting from spraying a special nasal inhaler to applying patches, or consuming over-the-counter lozenges, it is considered most effective.
- Certain drugs available in market curb cravings to a great extent or make entire smoking experience much less satisfying. These could also ease withdrawal symptoms like depression, anxiety, insomnia, eating disorder, persistent cough, mood swings, and constipation.
- Urges for smoking are generally strongest in situations where you have previously lit cigarettes such as at bars and parties or while sipping tea and feeling stressed. Identify triggers and avoid them under all circumstances. You can distract your mind by listening to soothing music, watching funny videos, smelling aromatic essential oils, doodling, etc.
- Indulging in physical activities can reduce temptation or at least its intensity. Thus, when you feel like smoking, go out for a walk, burn calories in a gym, practice aerobics, and many more. Certain relaxation techniques also work. According to latest research, yoga, massaging scalp, breathing deeply, and visualising calming sceneries can surely help you quit.
- Finally, yet importantly, do not diet while you are trying to give up smoking because excessive deprivation would surely backfire. Eat fresh fruits, green vegetables, whole grains, lean proteins, etc., which keeps your body strong enough to fight cravings. Remember empty stomach can break your determination easily.
Highly competent professionals working in Ultimo Medical Centre said that carrying out each tip stated above diligently, or in other words, completing a cessation programme, would let you abandon cigarettes within a very short period. Do not give up even when cravings hit hard because willpower is perhaps most significant key to a smoke-free existence.