Every business today is establishing a platform on the internet. But attracting traffic to their site can be a daunting task.
Use this tricks to get the most leverage for your business on Google search.
- Verify your local Business’ Google My Business (GMB) listing
The initial step in any SEO is to verify details of your GMB listing. The details entail your business info and service area. Listing increases your chances of visibility and performance of your listing.
Verification is done by mail. Submit your most important business name and address to ensure other businesses don’t claim the same listing.
- Conduct Thorough Keyword Research
A keyword is when people use a certain word to find and research actual search terms. A knowledge of these search terms will help inform your content strategy or marketing. To kick off the process,
- put together the foundational keyword that aligns closely with your phrase.
- Figure out the effective keywords to target by using Google auto-suggest feature.
- From the list, you’ve gathered hone and prioritize best keywords. Prioritize depending on; the number of monthly searches, competitive density, cost per click among others. Prioritize depending on how you want to influence such results.
- Use Google Search Console.
Google Search Console is the only place to gather search engine optimization information about your website directly from Google. It provides actionable reports, learning resources and tools designed to get your content right on Google search.
The Search Console comes with an analytics tool that provides info such as; which of your web page attracts the most traffic, where your visitors are coming from, sites that link you, which devices they are using and keywords the visitors used.
Though the search console may not directly improve your traffic, you can use the information it provides to promote your website search on Google. For example, by knowing sites that link to your website, you can increase your presence on those sites.
- Look at How Search Engines Are Displaying Results in Your Business Category
Search engines tend to either show a lot of text content, images or videos in their search results. Increase your visibility by playing along. Consider producing content that aligns with the search results.
In some instances, the Google search results will display reviews. Reviews are crucial with online commerce sites where reviews play a vital role in boosting sales and establishing trust. For such cases consider asking your customers for reviews as well as including an interactive platform on your website for comments.
- Use a Clear URL Structure
URLs are the first thing a customer on Google will see beside the headline. They indicate what the destination of the page is all about. Google does care about URL construction.
General URL tips for search engine optimization.
- Keep it short- results indicate URLs with 35-45 characters lead search pages.
- Make it readable- people will click on an URL that is easy to look at and understand.
- Keywords-People will click on the URL if the word they are searching for is present on the URL.
- Protect you Site from Negative SEO
Also known as Google Bowling, negative SEO is the use of unethical techniques to sabotage competitor’s ranking on search engine. Such techniques include; hacking your website, copying your content, connecting many spammy links to your site and removing backlinks.
To optimize your business website, you must protect it from such SEO attacks by;
- Setting up a Google Webmaster Tools alert.
- Using tools like Ahrefs or Open Site Explorer to keep track of your backlinks. This will help prevent spammers from building low- quality links or redirects to your website
- Keeping your website from malware and hackers
- Checking for duplicate contents of your website in the internet using tools such as Copyscape.